Thursday, October 29, 2009

Upekkha

Unequal action to the loved and unloved ones had been revealed  today.
Everything, even the precious things, were given easily to the loved ones,
but to the unloved ones, for only thinking to give this thing to them had been so hard to be done.
In fact, feeling regret after giving the thing to someone (which in the mind, this fellow is not the beloved one) would be the post-action.

Why? Why do I treat people so differently? Are they not worth it to receive the same things?

Meditation had made me to realize that I have not practice upekkha yet in my life. Upekkha (equanimity) is one of Brahmavihara (Brahma = divine heavenly beings, and Vihara = dwelling place). In Dr. Kah Yein's book 'Indy Jones and the Kingdom of the Four Brahmaviharas', she mentioned that if we practice Brahmavihara (metta, karuna, mudita, and upekkha), we will live our life like heavenly beings. It is, indeed, very true.

Now, let us ask ourself, why can you divine people to be loved and unloved? The loved ones must have done something good to you, and the unloved ones might have not done something good to you yet. Isn't the statement correct? Classifying things as loved and unloved ones is the art of the mind! Don't be affected!

What I had experienced today was, indeed, a very good lesson to be picked by myself. I lent my notes to a friend, yet at the end I felt regret. It was because this fellow was not equally treated as the loved ones in my mind. This kind of mind was wrong! Remember, equanimity should play here.

No comments:

Post a Comment