Have you read my older post about death? Click here
Again, I am reminded that DEATH is really CERTAIN while LIFE is UNCERTAIN!
I had just finished reading Dr. Kah Yein's blog about his dog, Mac. Mac was part of her big family which had accompanied her for 13 years.
It is such a sad story, for me, because I followed Mac's life story since he had diagnosed to have ruptured cornea and complicated diseases as Mac was an old dog. I was too shock when I found that Mac had passed away this morning. It is so sudden, for sure! Without anyone's expectation that today is the last day for Mac.
This makes me to ask myself, "Have I done so much beautiful and meaningful things for those people around me? Are they happy?". Those questions, in fact, are aimed in conjunction with my grandmom's condition. Her condition is the same as Mac, being eaten by age. Honestly, I am really afraid that one day my mom or whoever people in my home will call and tell me about "death". Although I know the fact of death, yet it is so hard for me to accept it.
I am afraid of the word "death". I am afraid of knowing that one day my beloved ones will be taken from me so sudden, without any notification and I am unprepared.
What should I do to be prepared???
I can't think of any answers for this question, because many days/hours/years of preparation time seems to be never enough for me. I am afraid.
I am asking myself, "How about me? Am I afraid of death?". The voice deep inside my mind is telling me that I am not afraid of death, only afraid of what experience I might have when I am facing it. And if I can choose, I prefer to die before the beloved ones die rather than I am left by them (wahhh... it is evidence that I am still having a shallow "letting go" practice! :p)
~"Death" is really a wonderful word ~
Advice of the day:
Because life is so short,
don't waste your life to do something useless (for yourself and others).
Be a fragrant flower to those around you,
Live this life to the fullest beautifully and meaningfully.
No comments:
Post a Comment