Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Life is uncertain, Death is certain


This afternoon, I received a message from my Mom, and she told me that Mbah Surip died this morning. (May he rest in peace!) Mbah Surip (left side picture) was an Indonesian funny musician. Honestly, I like the uniqueness of his songs though they are meaningless!

Anyways, this fact has reminded me that 'Life is so uncertain and Death is definitely certain!'. Who can predict Mbah Surip will die in all of sudden? Dying when he was on the top of his mountain?

Wew!! Life is like a player and we are the game, isn't it? It plays with us and throws us away when it is lazy to play with us anymore. A question (again!) came up in my head. It asked me "Then what is the purpose of life? Why I want to do so many things and end up with soo much stress?." (Err.. doesn't it sound too selfish to think of it?).. However, my wandering mind did not stop until that question, it voiced again, "Useless and useful can't be simply judged." At that point, I remembered words I read from SecangkirTeh website (SecangkirTeh website is an inspiring website for me! I gain a lot of wisdoms and knowledge from it). The words are "Ingatlah, Hidup tidak diukur oleh jumlah nafas kita, tetapi oleh saat-saat yang menghabiskan nafas kita!"

Those words are very deep for me. It shows that no matter at what age I will die, but when I still can breath, why don't I spend it to do something for myself and others? It's alright to be useful or useless things to do because there is always a lesson behind them.

Thanks to those minds of mine that have woken me up from my ignorance!

No comments:

Post a Comment