Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pass Away?

I just read a clear explanation about "kamma" from Dhamma Musings

In the past, I thought, I need to put kamma as a reason behind every events that happened to me, to every beings. However, through the post created by Bhante Dhammika above, I understand the true meaning of kamma! Not everything depends on kamma, there are other reasons behind.

Now after knowing this, I am going to fix the way I used to think before :)

Ohh yaa and just to be shared with you..

Yesterday during briefing time, my friend said to me that after I leave the place, I am considered pass away. My other friends who heard his statement were angry at him and asked him not to speak something bad! Honestly, after I heard his statement, I had no anger at all, because I am surely going to die one day, so I have no point to argue with him. But a minute later, when I saw my friends scolded him, I began to ask myself, "Am I sure that I am okay with the word PASS AWAY?"

Although I did not scold the person, but the query to myself stuck in my mind for quite sometime. I think he shouted out the word PASS AWAY, because he wants me to stay in the place. For several times, he had asked me to stay in the place, but I cannot help him, I need to move on.

I thought to be able to meet this kind of friend is due to kamma. However after I have a clear understanding about kamma, I can say that kamma is not purely the reason behind it. It was my effort to go there and eventually meet that friend. The kamma, I believe, happens when I started to think, talk, and act towards the person. Kamma is in my hand, and I can determine whether I want to have bad or good kamma :)

To close this post, I would like to write the story that was sent by my beautiful friend last night:

A chief is talking to his tribe about two dogs inside his mind: one is a white dog that is good and courageous, the one is a black dog that is vengeful and angry. Both dogs are fighting to death.

A young brave man unable to wait for the end of the story asks, "Which one will win?"

The chief responds, "The one I feed"

May all beings be well and happy always :)




No comments:

Post a Comment