Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Benefit of Meditation

Being a student in this school of life, I must admit that I still have greed, the feeling of jealous, and other ill thoughts. Yesterday, for example, I still sensed the feeling of jealousy..

Luckily, through the meditation practice, I am able to note the feeling and stop myself from doing bad things.

When I was in silence, I asked this self, "Why do I need to have jealousy? Aren't we only bone, skin, and blood? We are only skeleton that is wrapped inside the skin, isn't it? We are the same.."

Anyway, I must thank the jealousy because this morning I could practice loving-kindness to myself and other beings, growing the feeling of appreciation to have this body as media to realize the nature of things and friends who support my practice :)

To be shared too, I think, this morning I meditated quite well. Although there were some distractions, but I found that I gave only a small force to ask myself to meditate. I found peace every time I breathed in and out. If previously I would say to myself, "Okay, 10 to 15 minutes for meditation is enough", but this morning I said to myself, "You can meditate as long as you wish :)"..

P.S. for "Night Meditation" friends: 
These days, because of tiredness, I switched night meditation to morning time, and I find it to be more comfortable :). I think I will stick to the morning time, but I will not forget to remind you every night. Thank you guys for your tremendous support to each other in our meditation practice. May you find peace, be well, and happy always!

May all beings be well and happy always! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment