Sunday, September 9, 2012

Happy Grandparents Day!

Happy Grandparents Day, folks :)

Today is a Grandparents Day!
Perhaps some of you are wondering how this girl knows today is the day.. Well, it is actually by coincident that I know today is a day for celebrating and respecting our elderly people around the world. Few months ago, I was at VivoCity waiting for my boyfriend when I saw a store's window displaying a cute calendar. I walked closely and found out that the calendar has all of the special days in 2012. Such a golden resource, I thought, so I took my handphone and noted all of the days hoho! I even set on my mobile phone's alarm for each of the special day :). It would beep at 9.00 AM on the special day.

Actually, on this Grandparents Day, I did not plan to do something wonderful to the elderly people. However, it is such a coincident that we had a visit to elderly people at Ren Ci Hospital Long Term Care yesterday. It looks like the visit is a way to celebrate the Grandparents Day, isn't it? :)

The idea of visiting elderly people was initiated by my boyfriend. Last month he explicated his intention and I was so excited about that. I was the one who chose Ren Ci because I saw a touching video by 'Jiajia Bigbrother', Singaporean comedians, who visited an old woman at Ren Ci. I thought maybe both of us could visit the same old woman at Ren Ci. However, because 'JiaJia Bigbrother' never replied my email, we searched help from a temple's friend. She gave us her friend's number who is working at Ren Ci. And from that brother, we began to know the existence of Ren Ci Hospital Long Term Care. Before that, we only know the Ren Ci Nursing Home near Novena MRT Station.

For your information, the address of Ren Ci Long Term Care is below.

Blk 9, Level 1, 10 Buangkok View,
Singapore 539747
(It is inside the Institute Mental of Health/ IMH)

The event was a bright and wonderful one. It was supported by almost all of our Indonesian friends. Their time, feeling, voice and many more contributions towards the whole event are really appreciated. Many friends who could not show up but have offered tremendous supports are also appreciated.

And as usual, pictures speak more than words. So, please feel free to open them by clicking the following link.



For me, visiting the elderly people yesterday has taught me many life lessons that cannot be found in my normal days.

May all the elderly people be well and happy always!

See you at next post.

With Love,


3 comments:

  1. Agree, the ren ci visit really such a memorable experience for me. The firefly activity at home for the aged leaves me with a fun impression especially how happy one uncle looks when I explained how to play the card. The feeling of being able to get attention from me really gives him an utmost happiness in his life. Does not matter whether he can play the card or not, as long as I said 'dui', he already feel so happy. I can see it from his face. To all the people at ren ci and bukit batok home for the aged, May you all be well and happy always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you are such a lovely person, mimi! :). May you be well and happy always too yak :)

      Delete