Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nothing

Readers,

I have just read a good novel "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini (Thanks to Venny for giving me this novel! ). But I have not read it until the last chapter..

The very first 5 chapters have described the 'game' of discrimination happened (happens?) in Afghanistan. I stopped my reading because I was so curious with what they call as Hazara people, so I opened my notebook and google it.

To my surprise! They are handsome and beautiful people!! Why then, they were (are?) seen lower than others??

In fact, discrimination is always a hot issue in this world. In my home country, I had experienced the feeling of being discriminated and somehow, I was taught to discriminate those who were discriminated me (Hahahaha!! Double discrimination, isn't it?). 

I think, all of these discrimination things can happen because people within one ethnic see themselves superior as compared to people from different ethnic. People see themselves as superior beings mainly because they are in the first rank in term of population number in an area. Secondly, they think that they are in high caste (smarter, more beautiful, etc) than others. Discrimination occurs not only within human beings.. Have you ever thought that some human beings also differentiate their rank with animals? Thus, those people abuse animals as if those animals are useless beings.

Based on my observation (correct me if I am wrong), discrimination takes its very place due to self-centered mind. We believe that there is 'I' within ourselves, and because of the I, we kill others to be the winner. Isn't it a sad thing to sacrifice others just to make this body stands up? Remember that this body is only a mixture of soil, water, heat, and gasses. It is nothing, really nothing.
This universe, in fact, is interdependent. We are interdependent, not a separate special beings who need to be said as higher than others. 

Hey, friends..
Why do not we:
working together instead of creating war?
playing together instead of teasing each other?
praising the good of others instead of jealous and hating them?
sharing things with others instead of keeping them just for this rotten body?
Interdependent, indeed, is the nature of everything.
See the "I", watch the "I", and let go of the "I"


May you be well and happy always :)

No comments:

Post a Comment