Saturday, January 1, 2011

A meaningful beginning of 2011

Readers,

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 :) :) :)
May all of us grow into a better and wiser people!
May all beings be well and happy always!

I am grateful to have a meaningful celebration of welcoming the year of 2011. Although there were some confusions about which way I should go to celebrate the New Year, finally, I decided to follow my heart :).

It started with an overnight chanting in Wat Ananda Youth temple, from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Before I went to the temple, I was doubting myself and asking it, "Can I stay awake for the chanting?"
But to my surprise, I could do it :). And this is my very first time of not having enough sleep (or maybe not sleeping for the whole night), yet feeling great! Usually if I don't have enough sleep, I will become a zombie, can't think and do things properly. But not this time. Chanting is one of meditation.. and I think, it proves that healthy mind creates a healthy body.

Coincidentally, I met with my dear friend's sister in the temple. Well, she sat besides me for the first chanting.. however, I got to know who she is after the overnight chanting was over haha! And still in coincident matter, I met my friend who was joining the chanting as well :). Now I know why do people say that the world is such a small world.

The chanting, in fact, makes a meaningful opening of year 2011 for me :) :)

On the afternoon of this very first day of 2011, I had my Cookie Monster in Earle Swensen's, Changi Airport Terminal 3 with Sis. Teresa Hsu, Bro. Sharana, and bunches of lovely friends :). I got lessons again from Sis. Teresa :).. She will be 114 years old this year, but her heart is still full of happiness and spirit to help others who are helpless.

Food for the heart:
We are still young and have the ability to do good for others. Don't wait and feel that you are not rich enough or good enough to help others. After all it's not the matter of how big the amount of money you give, but it's more to the purity of your heart, the willingness to do it for the sake of helping those who are in need :)
Plus be kind to yourself, think positively and stand still, when the wave of life moves toward you.. This is indeed the secret of Sis. Teresa's happiness and long life :)

Ohhh and I was touching when she kept the word "Aku cinta kamu/ kalian" inside her heart. She keeps the tissue which I used to write those words. She said she will never forget those Indonesian words that were taught by us. It is a great gift for me! The value of kindness and gratitude are indeed far far away more than that of money :)

Thank you Sis. Teresa and Bro. Sharana!
Thank you friends!
Thank you all beings for without all of you, I would not have a chance to experience all of this :)

May all beings be well and happy always!

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment